Nintendo packed in a nice surprise with the new Animal Crossing: New Horizons update.
The second major summer update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons was detailed earlier this week. The patch brings firework shows, dreaming and an option to backup your island and save data.
Now that the patch is live, Nintendo published the full change log. One thing the developer didn’t communicate ahead of time was a new feature added to the in-game camera app. Through a glitch, players were previously able to disable the game’s HUD when using the camera, but Nintendo patched it earlier this month.
With the new update, the glitch has been made official and is now a feature anyone using the camera can take advantage of by clicking the right stick. That’s about it for surprises, as everything else in the patch notes was previously revealed.
Read on below for the full 1.4.0 change log.
- A new seasonal event, Fireworks Shows, has been added.
- New limited-time seasonal items have been added to Nook Shopping.
- A new feature was added to the NookPhone Camera app, allowing you to turn off the guide information by pressing in the R Stick.
- The “funny glasses” item now matches up with player skin color variations.
Online connectivity features
- A new feature allows you to sleep in a bed and meet Luna. You can upload a dream of your island via the internet or visit other uploaded dream islands.
- New features have been added to the Custom Designs Portal. You can now search by design name or type. You can now create a list of favorite creators.
- A new feature has been added for backing up save data to Nintendo’s servers via the internet. You can use backed up save data with the island backup restoration service if your Nintendo Switch system is lost or broken.
- You must be a member of Nintendo Switch Online and enable backups within Animal Crossing: New Horizons to use this new feature.
- Save data cannot be restored at a customer’s discretionary timing. If your system is broken, you must contact Nintendo Support to start a repair request. If you have lost your system, you must contact Nintendo Support.
- This feature does not allow save data (island data) to be transferred to a different system. We currently plan on adding a save data transfer feature within 2020. Information on the feature and timing will be announced at a future time.
- Other adjustments were made to improve the game play experience.