Doom Eternal Update 2 is live and it adds the new Torment map for Battlemode, more frequent Empowered Demons, quality-of-life improvements, and more.
Update 2 is now available for Doom Eternal, and along with the Battlemode map Torment, the Castle Grayscale mini-event is live.
The event features a Black and White Pain Elemental, Mancubus, the “Old Timey Evil” GIBBO Collectibles mascot icon, and more. You can find out all about the event here. It ends on July 2.
In Update 2, you can also expect fixes and improvements, such as the ability to set up unique keybinds per demon, improved usability of the Boosters menu, and additional improvements to latency issues.
Empowered demons will now appear more frequently throughout the campaign, and customization menus are also easier to use.
Beyond Update 2, the development team is progressing on the game’s Invasion mode, new Master Level experiences, more Battlemode updates, the Switch version, and the two campaign DLCs.
Full patch notes are below.
Doom Eternal Update 2
New Battlemode Arena – Torment
- An all-new Battlemode Arena. The UAC fled this outpost after the Slayer prevented Hell’s invasion of Earth. The Titans, once used as research specimens, remain eternal prisoners of this unholy excavation.
New Game Improvements for all platforms
- Even More Empowered Demons will be busting into your campaign for an added challenge. These buffed baddies have more health and will take more firepower to take down, but will also yield more armor and ammo when killed. Toggle Empowered Demons ON/OFF in the Game tab of the Main Menu Options. Note: They will no longer carry player names of fallen Slayers over their heads, only their demon names.
- Battlemode Latency Improvements: We made a number of improvements to address latency issues to ensure better matches. This is part of our ongoing latency improvements that we plan to support in more updates.
- Boosters Menu Improvements: We have made it easier than ever to both view and claim XP through several changes made to the Boosters menu. Make sure to always have three players selected at all times to maximize the amount of free XP you can passively earn through their playing campaign and Battlemode. Keep in mind you can switch which players to elect to be your active Boosters roster at any time in the Boosters menu.
- Photo Mode Improvements: In this Update, we equipped The Slayer with a nice beefy lighting overhaul when in Photo Mode, so no more shady Slayers lurking in the shadows.
- Pin Your Favorite Podium and Skin to the Main Menu as a Favorite: Prior to Update 2, whichever Character skin and podium set you had last viewed would auto-assign itself as the default setting on display in the main menu. In response to your community feedback, we have added a new ‘Favorite’ feature for customization items so that you can set your Favorite character skin and podium as the default in the main menu.
- Customization Menu Origins: With so many great cosmetics being added every month, we thought it might be helpful to further flesh out the context of where each item comes from. The customization menu now shows which set each item comes from.
- Custom Keybinds for Every Demon: Added functionality to support unique keybinds for demons in Battlemode.
- Added New Render Modes in the graphics settings: Play the game in new stylized ways, such as Gritty, Cinematic, Black andWhite, Doom Classic, and more.
Fixes for all Platforms
- Fixed a number of exploits in the campaign that would allow the player to climb outside the maps
- Fixed pinned Weekly Challenges. Previously, if you pinned a weekly challenge and it expired, it stayed pinned
- Fixed a number of graphical issues in the campaign where parts of the environment would temporarily pop in and out of view
- Fixed an issue on the Mission Select menu where secrets were not properly displaying as completed
- Fixed an issue where the Crucible would consume more ammunition than intended in some situations
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Party Mode cheat code from activating properly
- Fixed an issue with the Chaingun Energy Shield mod in Battlemode that prevented The Slayer from taking damage from any angle while active instead of just the front
- Fixed an issue in Battlemodethat cause the Carcass shield to not play sound on activation
- Fixed an issue in Battlemode where demon players wouldn’t hear the Arbalest charging in some situations
- Fixed a rare issue in Battlemode where the Marauder’s wolf summon ability would become stuck on cooldown
- Fixed a crash that occurred when navigating the social and settings menus while the on-screen keyboard was active
- Fixed an issue in Battlemodewhere power up pop-up text failed to display for Russian players
- Fixed a crash in Battlemode on the post-match screen in private matches
- Fixed an issue that would allow the Energy Shield mod to remain active permanently after being destroyed by a rocket barrage
- Fixed an issue that prevented Archvile players from activating the Flame Wall ability in some certain situations
Fixes for PC only
- Fixed an issue in Battlemode that would cause projectiles from the Prowler, Cacodemon, Baron of Hell and Arachnotron to remain suspended in midair
- Fixed an issue in Battlemode that caused the Marauder’s dash to not play sound for other players
- Using the Super Shotgun’s flaming Meathook on shield soldiers now correctly generates armor shards
Fixes for Xbox One only
- Fixed a control lock that occurred when entering photo mode during a glory kill
Fixes for PS4 only
- Fixed a rare issue that would cause the player to exit the map when rapidly melee attacking the Khan Maykr
- Fixed an issue in Battlemode that would cause damage indicators to persist on-screen after respawning
- Fixed an issue while hosting a party that could prevent the host from chatting or queuing after suspending the title
Issue: I’m not brought into a party after accepting an invitation when my game is suspended on Xbox One. Is there anything I can do about this?
- Resolution: This is a known issue that will be resolved in a future update. In the interim, please avoid accepting party invites when the game is suspended on Xbox One.
Issue: I’m seeing connectivity and lag issues for online gameplay while using a VPN. Is there anything I can do about this?
- Resolution: DOOM Eternal does not support VPN use for online gameplay.
Issue: I am no longer able to access Master Levels from the Fortress of DOOM after installing Update 2. Is there anything I can do about this?
- Resolution: This is a known issue that we will resolve in a future update. In the interim, please access the Master Levels form the Main Menu.